With experience in online discussion boards, internet mailing lists and Usenet newsgroups dating back to the early 1990s, we have the ability to assist you with the installation, configuration and maintenance of a web-based forum like few others out there. We offer a complete range of forum management services to assist you, and make the ownership of a forum an enjoyable and profitable experience for you.
Listed below are the various ways in which we assist forum owners in developing their communities.
- Forum packages: we have extensive experience with vBulletin, phpBB and SMF forum software. We also have limited experience with others, but we are also educating ourselves in as many forum packages as we can get our hands on. Each individual who starts up a forum has different needs, and we can not only recommend forum packages that will fit your purpose, we can also configure and customize them to your exact specifications.
- Forum setup and configuration: installing and configuring any forum package can be a daunting task. With each host having different permissions systems and database configurations, there is no “one size fits all” installation routine. With some packages, you even have a choice of database systems to use, and that is a choice a person cannot arbitrarily make without experience in server technologies and traffic analysis. We cover everything from choosing a host and installing your software to full configuration of all of its elements. It will be “ready to go” when we are finished!
- Forum conversions and optimizations: as a forum grows, forum owners find that their software choice fails to meet their growing amount of traffic. In some cases, the forum software itself may be the problem, in which case we can help you select and import your forum’s posts and membership roster into a new system. In other cases, you may have an adequate forum package, but find performance lacking. If so, you may need an improved hosting package, or you may just need to have your current server parameters adjusted to better match your forum software’s needs. Our efforts help you maximize your hosting dollars spent!
- Forum administration: after the initial setup, there is an ongoing need for administration. There are options for user and usergroup permissions, board setup and permissions, database backup and repair, tweaking and optimization (as traffic builds), and any number of other chores. If you are a busy site owner, your focus should be on building a successful community. Let US take care of the back end!
- Forum moderation: when a forum grows, you often find that you don’t have time to properly moderate your community. When this happens, you find that you have behavior problems, spammers, personal attacks and any number of other issues. You may also find it difficult to recruit a staff that you can trust. Many communities have imploded and closed up shop due to a lack of competent moderation. Don’t let this happen to the community you have worked so hard to build! We can help with forum moderation duties, or you can even enlist us to help train your staff in proper, proven forum moderation techniques.
- Monetization: we offer consulting in how forum owners can help them bring in some much-needed funds to pay for their hosting and administration costs.
An online discussion board is a proven traffic draw for your site. Make the most of it! Our professional forum services help you build and maintain a healthy community that will keep your loyal members visiting daily…and keep your operations profitable.